Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another Visit to Point au Roche

It looks like I'm starting to get a little behind! Going to work on that :)

On May 5th we got started late in the day but lack of sunlight doesn't slow down cachers at all! ... Well, much. I had offered to help replace a cache for a local cacher and that was our ultimate destination. But first, Point au Roche!

Booty Point
Located on the most Southern point on the Eastern portion of the park, this cache has a fantatic hike attached to it! Round trip from parking is about 2 miles but thers never a dull moment so the time flies by! Rather than explain our trip I decided to make a video log. Enjoy!


Cherish Your Heritage
This was the cache that I offered to replace. It has been disabled since December so the New York Admin has started paying attention to it. Rather than let it be archived I decided to help the owner replace it. The Heritage Trail behind the Crete Center in Plattsburgh is a fantastic walking and biking trail. It is paved and although it closes at 9pm is completely lighted. We decided to move the cache location due to it being easily found by muggles. Hopefully soon it will be updated!

Shop and Cache #2
After hitting the grocery store we headed home. When I arrived home I was happy to see two new caches had been published and one of them was down the street! I decided to go after it but Co opted out due to being tired. I stopped by my mother's and asked her if she wanted to get a FTF. She of course said yes and we were off. After only a few minutes, most of which was waiting for the GPS to wake up, we found it. This was her first FTF!

No comments:

Post a Comment